Night Of Happiness - Book Review

Book - Night Of Happiness

Author - Tabish Khair

  Publisher - Picador (PanMacmillan) India

Pages - 154

How long it took me to Read - 2 days

Isn't it a gorgeous cover ?!

Review - This was quite a short read and could've been finished in a day if I didn't had other works to do, but as it went, I read it in two days. This was my first read by Tabish Khair and I fairly enjoyed it. The book has elements of suspense, surprise and mystery ,just as it says on the blurb of the book. 

It deals with a pragmatic entrepreneur - Mr. Anil Mehrotra and his right-had - Ahmed. A mysterious story is formed around the latter which the former seeks to resolve and know the truth about his old friend. Ahmed is said to have no wife but then is suspected to have kept his wife imprisoned as Mr. Anil gets to know him more. 

Is Ahmed innocent? Or is he a culprit? You need to read the story in order to find out the truth! 

Now coming to what I liked about this book. First of all, I liked the way in which suspense was built around Ahmed. Secondly, I liked author's use of imagery . And finally I liked how the story was executed.

But I wanted a bit more role for Mr.Anil's wife and children. Also, at a few places the story became predictable and thus lost grip on me.

Overall it was a quick and gripping read and I enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to those who are looking for some light and yet entertaining read.


General Rating - 3.5/5

Emotional Appeal - 3/5

Entertainment Quotient - 3.5/5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Women - Book Review

The Graveyard Book - Book Review