The Graveyard Book - Book Review

Book - The Graveyard Book (Illustrated by Chris Riddell)

Author - Neil Gaiman

Publisher - Bloomsbury

Pages - 289 

How Long It Took Me To Read - 5 days



Review - I read Neil Gaiman for the first time and I loved his writing just as much as I had thought I would ! The illustrations are praise worthy and left me wanting for more. Here are my two cents on this novel .

Nobody Owens, nicknamed Bod, is a rather unusual boy who lives in a graveyard and is friends with the ghosts. He is raised by ghosts and is unaware of the living world till something forces him to come out of the graveyard. 

The story is one of love, care, fear, protection, connection between dead and living and some history elements here and there. You'll find ghouls, sleers and the honour guards in this book, you'll go on an adventure to who is the man Jack and see heart warming emotional connections between the living and the dead. 

If you want some spooky read for the fall or winter, or if you like to read stories having ghosts and other super-natural elements, or if you just want something adventurous and heart warming to read in short time then I will absolutely recommend this book to you!

This is a short review because I don't think this book needs any encouragement for anyone to pick it up. I assure you that you'll not be able to put this book down once you start! Happy Reading! :D


General Rating : 5/5

Emotional Appeal : 4/5

Entertainment Quotient : 5/5
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Night Of Happiness - Book Review

Little Women - Book Review