On The Open Road - Book Review

Book - On The Open Road

Author - Stuti Changle

  Publisher - Invincible Publishers

Pages - 179

How long it took me to Read - 2 days



Review - OTOR is a story of 3 people - Myra, Kabir and Sandy who're fade up with their lives in some way or the other and want to pursue their dream of becoming an entrepreneur. Ramy is the person who is inspiring all three of them to do what they want.

I liked the narration and dialogue between characters and felt that the story moved pretty smoothly. A few plot twists towards the end of novel took me by surprise which I liked! Also Stuti has dealt with multiple issues like mental health, loneliness, the problems any entrepreneur encounters and that of friendship. So, I think it was a pretty diverse read.

But I felt stuck at few places and wished the story wasn't dragged out unnecessarily. Another downside of the book was that I didn't feel attached to any character since they lacked depth in personality. 

To find out whether they were successful in their endeavors or not, you need to read the book! 

Since this was the author's debut novel, I wasn't expecting too much from it and I was right in doing so. I got this copy of the book under a review program by Bookholics. Overall I'd say it was an OK read, nothing special.


General Rating - 3/5

Emotional Appeal - 2.5/5

Entertainment Quotient - 3.5/5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Night Of Happiness - Book Review

Little Women - Book Review

The Graveyard Book - Book Review